Sunday 26 February 2017

Spring is coming! 26/02/2017

At the beginning of 2017 we had the biggest snowfall ever here and we had a lot of problem with several days without electricity, no phone signal, few strong earthquakes and it was impossible to go anywhere. Luckily the tree was in the greenhouse and it didn't had many problems as we had even if I think that the lack of sunlight and the cold temperature had some impact on it because some leaves fell off and the yellow color on the bottom part seems increased.

However two weeks ago I've decided to move the tree outside the greenhouse because the sun is now shining almost everyday. I am a bit concerned of the night hours because occasionally the temperature still drop below zero, but I think that the tree can manage a weather like this now. I also want that the trunk become a little bit stronger therefore I've removed most of the support sticks hoping that the tree will get used to the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment